3D hubs Marvin,
Marvin is becoming the most popular symbol for 3d printing .
We have seen him really small, big, seen in wood, seen Flexible and sometimes an army!!.
And Now….(drums rolling, music playing, and with all cheers…) I present to you the most colorful Marvin… I handed a few of them out during the RapidPro 2015 event.
And dropped a few at the 3Dhubs stand. 15 of the Marvin printed at a go on my TeeBotMax 3D printer (guarded and watch over my a Marvin sitting un the top :).
Changing color: TeeBotMax can be operated connected via USB to a PC/Laptop or it can be operated stand alone!! It has an LCD controller with built in SD card reader. The LCD controller has a lot of print options that can be tweaked while the printer is printing!!. (Speed, Nozzle temperature, flow rate, just to mention a few..loving RepRap!!). One of the commonly used one is the filament change menu. When you select this, the printer does the following.
- pause the prints and remembers where it stopped
- Lifts the z axis 10mm above your print
- Move to X zero
- Ejects the current filament by unwinding the extruder motor.
- Beeps and wait for you to insert a new filament
- To resume just tap the controller knob and the nozzle moves back to the stored printing position to continue.
Long Live REPRAPPERS!!!
(Looking at some 1k dollar plus printer….they have no similar function!!!)